Joey and I are sailing on Celebrity Equinox. This is our first time with Celebrity, so we are looking forward to checking them out! They are the higher end version of Royal Caribbean, think Gap to Old Navy.
She is currently on her 14 Day Transatlantic repositioning cruise. She left Ft Lauderdale Friday, April 15th and will arrive in Barcelona this Friday, April 29th. (Via Sea Scanner) This begins the Summer European Cruising for the vessel. Many cruise lines send their ships over to Europe for the summer. Naturally, Joey and I have a Transatlantic cruise on our bucket list. Our cruise will be her 3rd European cruise for the season.
Celebrity Equinox Facts:
- Occupancy: 2,850
- Length: 1041 Feet
- Tonnage: 122,000
- Beam: 121 Feet
- Inaugural Date: August 8, 2009 (6 years)
- 13 Passenger Accessible Decks
- She is part of the Solstice-Class and built by Meyer Werft in Germany, she is the 2nd of 5 Solstice-class vessels.
- Cost: 750 Million
We are on Deck 10 in Room 1124, which is considered a Hump Cabin (ha.ha right?) It means we get a really cool balcony! It is also Concierge Class, so we get a few additional perks such as:
- Priority Check In
- Express Luggage Delivery
- Exclusive Concierge Class Pre-Departure Lounge
- Expanded Room Service Menu (with 24-hour access at no additional charge)
- Twice Daily Room Service
- Complimentary Tote Bag
- Pillow Menu
- Golf Umbrella and Binoculars
- Massaging Showerhead
- Welcome Sparkling Wine
We have 3 days at Sea to explore the ship! I will be sure to give more detailed updates throughout our cruise.
We are sailing on the 12 Day Eastern Mediterranean cruise. The longest sailing other than the Transatlantic Repositioning Cruise. The itinerary is as follows:
- Day 1: Rome (Civitavecchia) Italy
- Day 2: Amalfi Coast (Salerno) Italy
- Day 3: SEA
- Day 4: Athens (Piraeus) Greece **We overnight at this location, a first for both of us in cruising!**
- Day 5: Athens (Piraeus) Greece
- Day 6: Mykonos, Greece
- Day 7: Chania (Souda) Crete, Greece
- Day 8: Kusadasi (Ephesus) Turkey
- Day 9: Santorini, Greece
- Day 10: SEA
- Day 11: Messina, (Sicily) Italy
- Day 12: SEA
- Day 13: Barcelona, Spain
Feel free to follow our journey starting May 19th, 2016 : Sea Scanner – Celebrity Equinox
UPDATE: We were able to do an exclusive behind the scenes tour of the ship while aboard. We will update in a separate post! If you are interested in the inner workings of the ship, be sure to check it out!